Last weekend, my husband and I decided to tackle our outdated powder room. I pulled down the wallpaper, picked out the paint color, and gave my guy a detailed honey-do list. It’s the easiest and most nag-free way to make sure things get done. That got me thinking… are there other uses for a honey-do list? Imagine giving your sweetheart a honey-do list filled with ways to support you in dealing with light bladder leakage. What tasks would you put on that honey do list? Here are some ideas:
LBL Honey Do List:
1. Tell me I’m beautiful and sexy every day, and mean it. After dealing with an LBL moment, it helps to be reminded that I’m still feminine and fabulous.
2. When I’m heading off to the bathroom after a big laugh or sneeze, don’t make a joke or judge me. Instead silently send me love and compassion while I tend to myself.
3. Be willing to buy LBL-specific pads or liners for me — and sometimes a bouquet of flowers, too.
4. Don’t try to brush away my feelings. The best way to help me when I’m upset about a leak is to give me the freedom to express all my feelings.
5. See LBL as simply something to be managed. It doesn’t have to define or limit me. The more comfortable you are with it, the easier it is for me to be comfortable managing it.
Whether you have a special someone in your life or not, make a honey-do list. Why? Because YOU are the honey that list is truly meant for! Read the five tasks again from you to you. The person who can cause you the most pain and frustration when dealing with LBL is yourself. Self-criticism, doubt, and worthiness battles tend to take place in our own minds. Once you’re able to complete your own LBL honey-do list, then you’ll be ready to give it to your partner.
What do you think? What would you add to your honey-do list?