If you are experiencing hot flashes try to enjoy refreshing cold beverages instead of hot beverages. Also, it is important to understand that alcoholic and caffeinated beverages may trigger hot flashes. Incorporate mild foods such as fruits, grains and vegetables, which will sit better than hot spicy foods or foods saturated with condiments.
Here is a good list to keep handy:
- Instead of hot beverages - Try cold beverages
- Instead of spicy foods - Try mild-flavored foods made with a variety of fruits, vegetables, grains, low fat dairy and lean protein
- Instead of alcoholic beverages - Try refreshing spritzers made with mineral water and a splash of juice
- Instead of caffienated beverages - Try flavored ice tea
- Instead of fried, heavy or complicated cooking methods - Try simple cooking preparation methods: grill, broil or sauté with simple ingredients