My doctor told me I have vaginal atrophy. Is there anything I can do to reverse it? I just met a wonderful man and don't want to give up on sex entirely.

The only thing that will reverse the atrophic changes that occur in the vagina is estrogen. There are several estrogen products that are safe for use by most women. Talk to your doctor to see if you are a candidate for a vaginal estrogen product. In addition, regular use of a vaginal moisturizer or vaginal lubricant, both available for purchase over the counter, will help make love making more comfortable and satisfying. And fortunately, over time, frequent intercourse will reduce the atrophic changes that occur in the vagina.

Load more comments (0)

Add a comment

Join Us Print

the power of
“me too!”

Take comfort in knowing you're not alone, while getting informed and inspired.

Find Your

Answer a few quick questions to find the right protection or prevention, plus free samples and coupons.

More Coverage
Means Less Worry

With a 75% Wider Back,
Poise® Overnight Pads are designed
to help protect against leaks while
lying down, for worry-free
nighttime protection.