There’s no need to worry that LBL could dampen your vacation spirits (sorry for the pun). Here are a few tips to help make sure you can relax and have fun without having to think about your underwear.
• Pack extra LBL-specific pads in your carry-on. If you’re driving, stick a few in your purse (I always have one or two in the glove box, just in case).
• While you should always drink plenty of water, you may want to watch your fluid intake when frequent bathroom trips aren’t an option. And stay away from caffeine as much as you can.
• Wear dark pants. When you can’t change, why risk it?
• Pack an extra pair of underwear in your purse or carry-on.
When you get there:
• If you’re going to be lounging poolside, make sure to note where the nearest bathrooms are.
• Steer clear of spicy or highly acidic foods. They can exacerbate LBL symptoms. If you’re nervous, talk to your doctor before your trip. She can help give you some options too.
Anyone else out there have travel tips they want to share? Or how about a good vacation story?